Beaumont Basin Watermaster
The next meeting of the Beaumont Basin Watermaster will be on Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 11:00 am. (Note: The links below will be updated with the meeting material when it becomes available.)
The meeting material links below contain the teleconference login information.
Future meetings of the Beaumont Basin Watermaster are currently scheduled for the following dates:
- August 2, 2023 at 11:00 am
- October 4, 2023 at 11:00 am
- December 6, 2023 at 11:00 am
- February 7, 2024 at 11:00 am
- April 3, 2024 at 11:00 am
In January 2001, the San Timoteo Watershed Management Authority was created as a joint powers agency between the Beaumont-Cherry Valley Water District, the City of Beaumont, South Mesa Water Company and the Yucaipa Valley Water District. The parties recognized that they all had common interests in managing the water resources of the San Timoteo Watershed and the Beaumont groundwater basin.
Once formed, the San Timoteo Watershed Management Authority began a multi-phased effort to develop and implement a comprehensive water management program based on the following regional goals:
- To optimize and enhance the local water supplies;
- To protect high quality water resources; and
- To equitably distribute the benefits and costs of developing a regional management strategy.
As a result of the desire to actively manage the local water resources, the parties executed a Stipulated Judgment that provided both the authority and responsibility for the administration of adjudicated water rights within the Beaumont Groundwater Basin. The Honorable Judge Gary Tranbarger of the Superior Court of the State of California for the County of Riverside, signed the Judgment entitled “San Timoteo Watershed Management Authority, vs. City of Banning, et al.,” Case No. RIC 389197, on February 4, 2004.
Pursuant to the Judgment, the Court appointed a five-member Watermaster committee consisting of representatives from the City of Banning, the City of Beaumont, the Beaumont-Cherry Valley Water District, the Yucaipa Valley Water District, and South Mesa Water Company. While the Judgment assigns the management of the Beaumont Basin to the Beaumont Basin Watermaster, the Court retains continuing jurisdiction should there be any need in the future to resolve difficult issues between the parties.
The current members of Beaumont Basin Watermaster include:
- The City of Banning is represented by Arturo Vela and Luis Cardenas.
- The City of Beaumont is represented by Jeff Hart and Robert Vestal.
- The Beaumont-Cherry Valley Water District is represented by Dan Jaggers and Mark Swanson.
- The South Mesa Mutual Water Company is represented by George Jorritsma and David Armstrong.
- The Yucaipa Valley Water District is represented by Joseph Zoba and Jennifer Ares.
Get in Touch
The main contact for the Beaumont Basin Watermaster is our recording secretary William Clayton. Mr. Clayton can be contacted by phone at (951) 845-9581.
While the members of the Beaumont Basin Watermaster each have primary responsibilities to other local public agencies and private water companies, the meetings of the Watermaster enable each agency to actively and directly participate in the protection of our local water resources in open and publicly noticed meetings.
This website is updated and maintained by the staff at the Yucaipa Valley Water District. Please feel free to send us your comments and suggestions.
The photographs used throughout this site have been provided by the staff at the Beaumont-Cherry Valley Water District. The photographs are of the award winning groundwater recharge basins located in the City of Beaumont.